1. If he shared his fortune equally among the world’s 7.5bn population, we’d each get £7.24.
2. If the Amazon founder spread his money along the 4,000-mile length of the Amazon River, there would be £273 every inch of the way.
3. He does not have quite enough money to buy all the British banknotes in circulation. Those amount to £73.198bn.
4. If he could change all his money into new £1 coins, they would weigh 600,000 tonnes, which is equal to the amount of food thrown away by UK restaurants in a year.
5. It is also the weight of untreated sewage in the entire 215-mile length of the River Thames or the weight of almost 10 Eiffel Towers.
6. It is still only one 27th of the UK national debt.
7. He is worth 25 times as much as Donald Trump.
8. If £69.3bn were changed into a pile of £50 notes, it would be 98 miles high. Placed flat, they would cover an area of 7.2 square miles.
9. In dollars Bezos’s fortune is $90bn which oddly enough was exactly the US budget deficit in June.
10. If he spent £10 every second, it would take Jeff Bezos 200 years before he ran out of money.